Curry leaves benefits: Curry leaves are a medicinal plant used to enhance taste in South Indian cuisine. Its leaves not only add a different taste and aroma to the food, but also provide many benefits to your health.
Due to its medicinal properties, curry leaves are now being used in different ways. Of which the most used are hair and detox water.
Curry leaves are also known as sweet neem. It is also called curry leaf in English and Krishna Nimba in Sanskrit. It has many medicinal properties and specialties, today we will know the curry leaves benefits in this article.
Table of Contents
- Nutrients Of Curry Leaves
- Curry Leaves Benefits
- Beneficial For Eyes
- To Lose Weight
- Morning Sickness
- Eliminate Skin Irritation And Rashes
- Helpful In Diabetes
- Curry Leaves For Hair
- Helpful In Cholesterol Control
- Prevent Diarrhea
- Benefits Of Curry Leaves For Liver
- Disadvantages Of Curry Leaves
Nutrients Of Curry Leaves
There are more benefits than the disadvantages of curry leaves, hence below we are telling you about the nutritional elements present in curry leaves.
|Nutrient content per
|Carotene (as Vitamin A)
Curry Leaves Benefits
There can be many curry leaves benefits, which most people may not be aware of. In such a situation, here we will give detailed information related to the benefits of curry leaves, we can also use curry leaves in cooking.
Beneficial For Eyes
Nutrients are present in good quantity in the leaves. Vitamin A present in it helps in improving eyesight. Due to which the ability to see far also increases.
Curry leaves also prevent eye weakness that occurs with age. If your eyesight is decreasing, then you should consume curry leaves after meals. You can also take it with honey on an empty stomach in the morning.
To Lose Weight
Obesity is such a problem for which people do not make any efforts. But, sometimes just a few small changes can have a big impact. Curry leaves are something like this. Including these in the diet improves metabolism and helps in weight loss.
Curry leaves can be consumed if you feel morning sickness i.e. tiredness, nausea or vomiting after waking up in the morning. Eating these leaves provides relief from morning sickness. You can also take them with you while traveling to prevent nausea.
Eliminate Skin Irritation And Rashes
Curry leaves help in removing skin irritation and rashes. It protects the skin from free radicals and makes it soft and healthy.
If you make a paste by adding 2 tablespoons of curry leaf powder, multani mitti and a few drops of rose water, apply it on the entire face and neck and leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes and then wash the skin with water, then your skin will get better. Can remain hydrated.
Helpful In Diabetes
Talking about curry leaves benefits, its use can be helpful in controlling diabetes. It is said that curry leaves have hypoglycemic properties i.e. reducing sugar level.
This quality proves helpful in reducing the amount of sugar in the body. For this reason, it can be said that the benefits of curry leaves can prove helpful in reducing risks like diabetes.
Curry Leaves For Hair
Use of curry leaves can be beneficial for skin as well as hair. According to a research, fresh curry leaves can be boiled in coconut oil and applied on the scalp. Applying this mixture can maintain the tone of the hair and improve hair growth.
Helpful In Cholesterol Control
The benefits of curry leaves can also be seen in controlling cholesterol. Curry leaves have antioxidative effects, which can be helpful in reducing bad cholesterol.
At the same time, the antioxidants present in it can be responsible for increasing the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) in the body. On this basis, it can be assumed that the benefits of curry leaves can be seen in cholesterol control.
Curry leaves benefits also include relief from problems related to diarrhea. According to experts, carbazole alkaloids found in curry leaves have amazing ability to prevent diarrhea.
AIn such a situation, it can be believed that its regular consumption can prove effective in getting rid of problems like diarrhea.
Benefits Of Curry Leaves For Liver
A research has clearly stated that elements like tannin and carbazole alkaloids are present in curry leaves. Hepatoprotective properties are found in these elements.
which can be helpful in increasing liver function as well as reducing the risks related to it like hepatitis and cirrhosis. On this basis, the benefits of curry leaves for liver health can be seen.
Disadvantages Of Curry Leaves
Some people have an allergic reaction to curry leaves, which manifests as symptoms such as skin redness, itching, or breathing problems.
Stomach Related Problems
Some people suffer from gas, vomiting, acidity, or stomach pain due to excessive consumption of curry leaves.
Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
Pregnant women and lactating mothers should not consume curry leaves in excess, in some cases consumption of curry leaves during pregnancy can cause harm.
Some people have the problem of intestinal ulcer or stomach ulcer, in which consumption of curry leaves is not appropriate.effects of curry leaves
Eating curry leaves on an empty stomach causes acidity.
Some people may suffer from indigestion by consuming curry leaves on an empty stomach, which causes digestive problems.
How To Eat Curry Leaves
- Tasty chutney: Mix curry leaves, green chillies, salt, lemon juice and some water in a mixer. Serve this chutney with roti, parantha or sambar idli.
- Use in vegetables or pulses: Add curry leaves to curry or tadka. Temper it in roasted oil and mix it with vegetables or pulses.
- Curry leaf tea: Dry the leaves in the sun and mix them with tea leaves. Boil it and drink it with milk and sugar.
- It can be used to enhance the taste of vegetables, pulses, sambar, rice and various dishes.
- Another way to eat curry leaves is that you can consume it by mixing it in coconut chutney.
- It can also be fried and used for food garnishing.
- You can make curry leaves dumplings and consume them.
Read More Articles
- Top 13 Cooking Oils in India: Know How to Use These Oils?
- Corn Recipes Healthy: Know 9 Advantages and 3 Disadvantages Of Corn
- Is Health Benefits of Barley for Human, Know Main 6 details
- Benefits of coconut milk for hair strengthen and growth
- Benefits Of Sahjan: Know 6 amazing benefits of Sahjan
- Benefits Of Tadasana A guide to mind, brain, and body fitness
- Benefits Of Dark Chocolate: From reduce weight to improve heart health
- Benefits Of Raw Papaya: These 6 Great Benefits Of Eating
- Benefits Of Radish Leaves: Know Its Delicious Ways And 5 Benefits
- 5 Reasons To Love Fenugreek Benifits For Face Skin And Hair
- know How to Cook 6 Broccoli Dishes Healthy
- Chia Seeds How To Use: Know 9 Benefits, 9 Drawback and more
Know about Curry leaves benefits in this article. Irregular consumption of Curry leaves also causes harm. Therefore, you can consume it with the help of your doctor or consultant. This article has been written on information available on public platforms. Hence www.mintbord.com do not share any kind of responsibility.