Signed MoU with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Pune for procurement of electronic fuses for Indian Army for a period of 10 years.
The total cost of this contract is Rs 5,336.25 crore electronic fuses for defence ministry.
Table of Contents
Electronic Fuses for Defence Ministry: Aatmanirbhar Bharat
In order to fulfill the goal of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat‘, MoU was signed for procurement of ammunition under ‘Manufacturing of Ammunition for Indian Army by Indian Industry’.
- Which is a government initiative for a long term requirement of 10 years.
- The objective of the project is to build up ammunition reserves to reduce imports
- To achieve self-reliance in ammunition manufacturing
Acquiring critical technologies
The aim is to secure ammunition stocks by eliminating the impact of disruptions in the supply chain of munitions.
Electronic fuses for defence ministry are an integral part of medium to heavy artillery guns. Which provide continuous firepower to artillery for military operations.
The electronic fuses for defence ministry would be purchased for use in artillery guns.
Which are capable of carrying out lethal attacks in different types of terrains including the high altitude areas along the northern borders.
Bharat Electronics Limited will manufacture electronic fuses at its Pune and its new Nagpur plant.
This project will generate employment of 1.5 lakh man days. Will encourage active participation of Indian industries including MSMEs in ammunition manufacturing.
Will broaden the ammunition manufacturing ecosystem in the country.
READ MORE ARTICLES
- KRISHNA JANMABHOOMI MATHURA CASE: SC REFUSES TO STAY HC DECISION
- RAPID INCREASE OF ILLEGAL MADRASSAS AND MOSQUES IN BIHAR
- MASTERMIND OF TERRORIST SPONSORED PARLIAMENT BREACH LALIT JHA ARRESTED
- JIHAD AGAINST HINDU PEOPLE AND BHARAT
- UNIFORM CIVIL CODE: SEMINAR ON THE URGENT NEED FOR UCC IN INDIA CONCLUDED
- BENGALURU SCHOOL BOMB THREAT: 15 SCHOOLS IN BENGALURU RECEIVED BOMB THREAT
- 2 TERRORISTS KILLED IN KASHMIR, PAK CASH AND WEAPONS RECOVERED
- CANADIAN KHALISTANIS TERRORISTS HAVE PAKISTAN CONNECTION
- KHALISTANI TERRORISTS POSTERS: DELHI POLICE SEARCHING FOR TERRORISTS
- RSS KARYAKARTA SREENIVASAN MURDER CASE- NIA COURT DENIES BAIL TO PFI TERRORISTS
- MURDER OF 2 STUDENTS IN MANIPUR: BIG PROTEST CONTINUES
Electronic Fuses for Defence Ministry: Features photo credit-social media
(courtesy syndicate feed)
Courtesy: vskbharat.com, This article was originally published on vskbharat.com