Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal: Crowd of devotees gather in this temple during Navratri. Know its specialty and glory.
Shardiya Navratri has started from 15th October. During this nine-day long festival, you can visit 51 Shaktipeeths of Mata.
Today in this article we are going to tell you about such Shaktipeeth of Mata. Which is in Nepal. Lakhs of devotees come here for darshan.
This Navratri you can go here for darshan of Mata. The name of this temple is Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal.
Table of Contents
- Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal
- Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal legend
- Origin of Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal
- Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal specialty
- Glory of Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal
- Main Stotram dedicated to Mata Guhyeshwari Devi
Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal
Actually, most of the Shaktipeeths of Mata are in India. But Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth, one of the 51 Shaktipeeths, is located in Nepal.
Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal temple is at a short distance from Pashupatinath temple.
Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal legend
Seeing such condition of Lord Shiva, there was an outcry in the whole world. No one was able to pacify Lord Bholenath.
Out of these 51 pieces, both the knees of the maa had fallen in Nepal. Which is known as Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal. Apart from this, two more Shaktipeeth of Maa Goddess are also located here.
Origin of Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal
The name of Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal temple is made up of two Sanskrit words.
Meaning literally, the name “Guhyeshwari” stands for Goddess of the Cave (Gufako Ishwari).
Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal temple was built in the 17th century. This temple was built by Raja Pratap Malla.
The name of this temple is mentioned in the inscription of Pratap Malla, Prithvinarayan Shah.
Read more articles-
Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal specialty
Water always flows from the hole of this temple of Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal. Here Lord Shiva is present in the form of Bhairav Kapal.
There is a Kalash in the center of this temple. Which is covered with a layer of silver and gold. This Kalasha rests on a stone base.
Which covers an underground natural water spring. From which water comes out from the sides of the base. The temple is situated in the center of a courtyard.
And on top of it are four golden snakes. Which support the final roof. It is an important pilgrimage site especially for Tantric worshippers.
Almost all the idols of the sanctum sanctorum of this temple are made of gold and silver.
This temple is built on seventeen cremation grounds. Every year lakhs of people come here for darshan during Navratri.
Glory of Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal
- This temple is dedicated to Maa Adishakti
- Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu temple is one of the divine 51 Shaktipeeths.
- Which is a very important and spiritual temple for the people of Hindu religion.
- This is one of the few selected temples for Tantra Vidya.
- The Vishwaswarupa of Goddess Guheshwari depicts her as a goddess with innumerable hands and different colours.
- Guhyeshwari temple is worshiped first. Only after that other temples are visited.
- This is the Shaktipeetha of the world famous Pashupatinath temple.
- It is considered mandatory to have darshan of Mata Guhyeshwari before visiting the world famous Pashupatinath temple.
- Mata Guhyeshwari Devi is also called Guhyekali.
- The 707th name of the goddess is mentioned as Guhyarupini in Lalita Sahasranama
- .The name Guhamba Guhyarupini is mentioned in the 137th verse of the goddess in Saraswati Shastramayi.
- The Shaktis of Guhyeshwari temple are Mahashira and Bhairava Kapali.
- In Tibetan language this place is called Pag-mo Ngal-chu (womb fluid of Varahi).
- One belief is that this is the 16th secret.
- There is divine female power in this temple. Which is considered to be the most powerful complete Tantrapeetha.
Read more articles-
Main Stotram dedicated to Mata Guhyeshwari Devi
These stotrams are of three types as follows…
- Guhyakali Sahasranama Stotram
- Guhyakali Gadyasanjeevan Stotram
- Guhyakali Mahavajra Kavach Stotram
How to reach Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth Kathmandu Nepal
To reach Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth, you can take a bus or taxi from Kathmandu Airport.