Similarly, Pradosh fast is being observed on Trayodashi of Krishna Paksha of Magh month. Since it falls on Wednesday, it will be called Budh Pradosh Vrat. There is a tradition to worship Lord Shiva properly on this day.
By worshiping and fasting on this day, a person gets relief from all kinds of troubles. With this one attains salvation after death. So let us know when is magh Pradosh Vrat 2024 in the month of February, puja vidhi, muhurat and importance.
Table of Contents
Magh Pradosh Vrat 2024 Date
According to the Panchang, the Trayodashi date of Krishna (Shri Krishna Mantra) Paksha of Magh month will start on 07 February at 02:02 PM and will end on 08 February at 11:17 AM.
Magh Pradosh Vrat 2024 Muhurat
The Muhurat for worship of Magh Pradosh Vrat 2024 is from 06:05 pm to 08:41 pm. Worshiping during this Magh pradosh period will yield auspicious results.
Magh Pradosh Vrat 2024 Puja Significance
- Get up before sunrise on the day of Trayodashi.
- On this day, after taking bath etc., you should wear clean clothes.
- Then worship Lord Shiva with Belpatra, Akshat, lamp, incense, Ganga water etc.
- After fasting for the whole day, take bath at sunset and wear white clothes.
- You should purify the place of worship with clean water or Ganga water.
- Now take cow dung and prepare the pavilion with its help.
- Make rangoli in the mandap with the help of five different colours.
- You sit on the seat of Kusha facing north-east direction.
- Chant Lord Shiva’s mantra Om Namah Shivay and offer water to Shiva.
Magh Pradosh vrat 2024 Shubh Yoga
According to the Vedic calendar, a lot of shubh yogas are also being formed on the first Pradosh fast of the month of February.
On this day, there will be Vajra Yoga and Purva Shada Nakshatra. Where Vajra Yoga will remain throughout the day.
Along with this, Purva Shada Nakshatra will remain from 6.52 am till 8th February. If we talk about Brahma Muhurta, it is from 05.22 am to 06.14 am.
How To Perform Evening Puja On Pradosh Vrat 2024?
After bathing Lord Shiva, Parvati and Nandi with Panchamrit and Ganga water, offer Bilva leaves, scent, rice, flowers, incense, lamp, naivedya (offering), fruits, betel nuts, betel nuts, cloves and cardamom. After taking bath again, worship Lord Shiva in the same manner and offer barley sattu mixed with ghee and sugar to Lord Shiva.
Importance Of Pradosh Vrat
Magh pradosh Vrat is considered very auspicious and important in Hindu religion. This Pradosh is going to come on Wednesday, hence this Pradosh is called Budh Pradosh Vrat.
On the day of Budha Pradosh fast, offer green cardamom to Lord Ganesha in the morning and evening and chant the mantra Om Buddhi Adaye Namah 27 times in the morning and evening.
There is a rule to eat cardamom as Prasad, on this day worship Lord Shiva with full devotion. By worshiping, all the troubles of the person go away and after death he attains salvation.
Read More Articles
- Know About 51 Shaktipeeth Of Maa Adishakti
- Basant Panchami 2024 Date and Time, Know Saraswati Puja Vidhi
- Benefits Of Worshiping Shiva Lingams
- Navratri Kanya Pujan: How to do Kanya Puja, know correct vidhi
- What Is The Story Behind Mahashivratri?
- History Of Karthigai Deepam Festival
- Know The Secret Of Kuber Puja
- Shattila Ekadashi 2024: Muhurat, Puja Vidhi and Story
- Mauni Amavasya 2024: Know Muhurat, Significance, and benefits
Disclaimer: Magh Pradosh Vrat 2024 date and time and all information is based on verbal information and public belief. We do not confirm all this information. Therefore, you can contact knowledgeable people and pundits on this subject.