That means now it will not be able to create new customers. RBI has taken this action against Paytm Payments Bank under Section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act-1949.
Paytm company, which provides digital payment and financial services, has been banned from adding new customers. RBI action against Paytm Payments Bank Ltd
It has been said that this decision is being implemented with immediate effect. RBI has given this order on Wednesday.
Table of Contents
RBI action against Paytm Payments Bank Ltd: Deposit-topup not be accepted
Many types of restrictions will be imposed by RBI on Paytm Payment Bank on 29 February 2024. These restrictions are given as follows.
- Cannot add new customers
- Customer will not have account in Paytm Payments Bank
- There will be no wallet facility.
- Deposits/top-ups will not be accepted in FASTag
- It has been clarified by RBI that the amount already deposited in savings bank account, current account and Fastag among others can be withdrawn or used without any restriction.
Customers of the Bank will be permitted to withdraw or utilize balance from their accounts including Savings Account, Current Account, Prepaid Instruments, FASTag, National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) without any restrictions.
RBI action against Paytm Payments Bank Ltd, But Why?
RBI action against Paytm Payments Bank Ltd. RBI has made disclosure regarding this action taken on Paytm Payment Bank. The reason behind this action is said to be Paytm Payment Bank’s plan to reduce small postpaid loans.
RBI has said that following an audit report and reports verified by external auditors, non-compliance and material supervisory concerns have been highlighted in Paytm’s banking services. Amidst all this this decision has been taken.
Customers will be able to withdraw their money
The central bank instructed not to add any new customers at present. Also, the customer has been given complete freedom to withdraw money from his account.
These include AEPS, IMPS, BBPOU and UPI facilities. The bank has been given time till March 15 to settle all transactions and nodal accounts. After this no transaction will be accepted.
Read more articles
- 25000 jobs in Ola Electric: EV mega factory in 2000 acres
- iPhone 13 Huge discounts: Best offer are available on iPhone 13
- POCO C65 Price: Its design revealed, best phone at low price
- Letv S2 Pro Launched: 13MP Camera, 8GB RAM, Know Price and features
- Honor Return Indian Market: Imminent Launch of Honor Smartphones
- iPhone 15 Pro May Cost Up to USD 200 More Than iPhone 14 Pro
- Apple Scary Fast Event: MacBook and iMac with new M3 chip launched
- Oraimo FreePods Lite: Best audio quality and long battery life
- a16z-backed Rewind launches an iPhone app to help you remember everything
- Delhi Subordinate Bharti 2024: Know All Information About DSSSB