Therefore Vivah Panchami is celebrated as the marriage anniversary of Lord Ram and Maa Sita. Grand events are organized in temples on this occasion. People also organize pujas at home.
Know in this article when is Vivah Panchami? Know why getting married on this day is considered inauspicious?
Table of Contents
When is Vivah Panchami?
This year Vivah Panchami will be celebrated on Sunday, 17 December 2023.
Muhurt of Vivah Panchami 2023
- According to the Panchangam, Panchami Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Agahan mas(month) will start from 08 PM in the evening and will end on the next day i.e. 17th December at 05:53 PM.
- Udaya Tithi is considered in Sanatan Dharma. Therefore, Vivah Panchami will be celebrated on Sunday, 17 December 2023.
What to do on Vivah Panchami?
- For rituals at home on Vivah Panchami, take bath and eat food a day before.
- On the day of Vivah Panchami, after waking up in the morning, after going to the toilet, wash your face with a mango datun.
- Then take bath. Now clean the place of worship and wash the concrete floor coated with cow dung.
- Now decorate the idol of Maa Sita and God on the mandap.
- On the day of Vivah Panchami, perform the marriage ritual of Shri Ram and Maa Sita.
- Now install the picture of Maa Sita and Ram Ji and garland them.
- Meditate by chanting the mantra ऊँ जानकी वल्लभाय नमः (Om Janaki Vallabhay Namah) in your mind.
- Now perform Aarti to God.
- Then take the Prasad together with the family.
- On the day of Vivah Panchami, wear only mangal vashtra/traditional clothes.
Do not do these things on Vivah Panchami
- On the day of Vivah Panchami, one should avoid doing auspicious activities like Vivha.
- Do not keep dirt in the house on the day of Vivah Panchami.
- Don’t forget to cook non-vegetarian food at home. Do not consume alcohol.
- Do not lie in business, daily routine etc., avoid taking false oaths.
Read more articles
- Hindu temple heritage-Pillars of culture, spirituality, art, literature, treasury, and research
- History of Karthigai Deepam Festival
- Benefits of worshiping Shiva Lingams
- What is the story behind mahashivratri?
Why is it ashubh to get vivah on Vivah Panchami?
You know that on Vivah Panchami, the marriage of Lord Shri Ram and Maa Sita took place in Mithila. Some people consider the day of Vivah Panchami as the day to get married.
However, it is not so. Getting married on the day of Vivah Panchami is considered inauspicious. Now the question is why it is forbidden to get married on a big and auspicious day like Vivah Panchami? Let us know Why is it ashubh to get vivah on Vivah Panchami?
The couple of Lord Ram and Sita is considered to be the most ideal, sacred and supreme couple in the world.
In Indian tradition, a man blesses his son to be like God and the girl to be like Sita. And the married woman is given blessings like the couple Ram-Sita.
We bless our children to become brothers, fathers, kings, dignitaries, etc. like Lord Ram. Listen and narrate the stories of his life. Read about his life’s hard work to his children.
But getting married on the day of Vivah Panchami is considered inauspicious. The reason for this is that after marriage, there were many troubles in the lives of Lord Ram and Maa Sita.
Read more articles
- Unlocking the Spirit of Sri Krishna Janmashtami: Celebrating the Divine Birth
- Hinduism Sacred Text: Enhancing Better Life through Guidebook
- Know the Glory of Gayatri
Both of them also spent 14 years in exile. Besides, Maa Sita also had to go through the ordeal.
Seeing so many conflicts in the marital life of Ram and Sita, these people celebrate this festival. But do not marry your children on this day. This is so that their children do not have to suffer as much as Ram and Sita did.
But this was Lord Ram’s Leela. The message he gave to us humans by enduring so much pain to live life. So that man can live his life in any condition. Do not give up on difficulties, rather face them boldly like King Ram.
Another reason for not marrying on this day
According to religious texts, Vivah Panchami is celebrated as a festival. Rituals are performed everywhere on this day.
Due to the fact that our ancestors were busy throughout the day in rituals, they did not organize programs like marriage on this day.
It was not considered appropriate to get married on the wedding day of Lord Ram and Mas Sita. Because our ancestors knew that man can never be equal to Ram. Therefore, there is no marriage ceremony on the day of their marriage.
Read more articles
- Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Temple Ayodhya: Symbol of Indian Culture
- Spirituality and Science- Ram Madhav on scientists’ temple visits
- Sri Kalika Durga Parameshwari Temple Vidyaranyapura, Bangalor
- World largest Hindu temple outside India in modern era
- Jagannath Temple Puri- Know the mystery, history and glory
- 1000 years old of Lord Mahadev temple Girgaon gwalior
- Know Importance of Temple in Hinduism
- Sabarimala Ayyappa Temple: Now online tickets will be available for darshan
- Kamakhya Temple: A Confluence of Legends and Spirituality
- Basaveshwara Temple Karnataka, Know History, establish and Connectivity
- Putlur Angala Parameswari Amman Temple Chennai, Know Facts
- Renuka Devi Temple Maharashtra: Know Legend Story
Appeal:- It is a request to all of you to support us by sharing this article as much as possible.
Disclaimer: All the information given in this article is based on word-of-mouth information. Therefore, mintbord.com is not responsible for its complete confirmation.
And we are not making fun of the faith of any particular person, community, caste or religion. It is not our intention to do so. We respect everyone.