Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati are worshiped ritually on this auspicious day. Married and unmarried women observe this fast. Chanting Shiva mantras during worship on this day is fruitful.
Shivratri means the favorite night of Lord Shiva. There are a total of 12 monthly Shivratri fasts in the whole year. The marriage of Shiva and Maa Parvati took place on the Chaturdashi date of Krishna Paksha of Phalgun month.
According to another tradition, on this day Bholenath appeared for the first time in the form of Shiva Linga.This is the reason why monthly Shivratri fast is observed every month on the Chaturdashi date of Krishna Paksha for happiness, prosperity, children and success.
Maa Lakshmi, Maa Saraswati, Maa Parvati and Maa Rati also observed monthly Shivratri fast. At this time Magh month is going on so Magh Shivratri will come.
Let us know when is Magh Shivratri 2024? What is the auspicious time for Shiva puja? What is the importance of Shivratri?
Table of Contents
Magh Shivratri 2024 date
Chaturdashi date of Krishna Paksha of Magh month starts: 08 February, Thursday, at 11:17 am
Chaturdashi date of Krishna Paksha of Magh month ends: 09 February, Friday, at 08:02 am
Nishita Muhurat for Magh Shivratri 2024 is being received on 8th February, hence the monthly Shivratri 2024 of Magh will be celebrated on Thursday, 8th February.
Magh Shivratri 2024 Muhurat
The worship of Magh Shivratri 2024 will take place in Nishita Muhurta. On this Shivratri, Nishita Muhurta is from 12:09 AM to 1:01 AM. Shivratri worship can be done during this time period.
On this day, Brahma Muhurta will be from 5:21 am to 6:13 am, Siddhi Yoga will be from 11:10 pm and Abhijeet Muhurta will be from 12:13 pm to 12:57 pm. These Muhurat times are also Muhurat for worship.
Magh Shivratri 2024 puja vidhi
- On the day of Magh Shivratri, woke up at Brahma Bela in the morning.
- Start the day by meditating Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati.
- Take bath and wear clean clothes. Wearing green and white colors on Shivratri is also very auspicious.
- Offer water to the Sun God.
- After this, take a pledge to fast for Bholenath.
- After this, spread a red cloth on the post and install the idol of Lord Mahadev and Mother Parvati.
- Now do Panchopachar and worship Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati in a proper manner.
- Unmarried people should offer vermilion to Goddess Parvati for early marriage.
- In the puja, offer flowers, sandalwood, belpatra, hemp, datura, lamp, incense and honey etc. to Bholenath.
- Chanting mantras and reciting Shiva Chalisa is auspicious.
- Finally, offer fruits and sweets to Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati.
- After this distribute Prasad among the people.
Benefits of monthly Shivratri fast
It is believed that chanting Shiva mantras while sitting in Shivalaya or in the eastern part of the house gives more results. After the monthly Shivratri puja, one should feed the Brahmins and eat the food themselves.
Any devotee who observes the monthly Shivratri fast with full devotion, all the sins of his parents are destroyed. At the same time, all one’s own troubles go away and that person gets all the happiness of life.
With the glory of this fast, a person attains longevity, wealth, health and children etc. It is believed that all the wishes of the person observing this fast are fulfilled.
Read more articles
- Know About 51 Shaktipeeth Of Maa Adishakti
- Basant Panchami 2024 Date and Time, Know Saraswati Puja Vidhi
- Benefits Of Worshiping Shiva Lingams
- Navratri Kanya Pujan: How to do Kanya Puja, know correct vidhi
- What Is The Story Behind Mahashivratri?
- History Of Karthigai Deepam Festival
- Know The Secret Of Kuber Puja
- Shattila Ekadashi 2024: Muhurat, Puja Vidhi and Story
- Mauni Amavasya 2024: Know Muhurat, Significance, and benefits
Disclaimer: Magh Shivratri 2024 date and time and all information is based on verbal information and public belief. We do not confirm all this information. Therefore, you can contact knowledgeable people and pundits on this subject.